Discover and dynamically track your IT hardware and software assets
BMC FootPrints Inventory Manager
If you’re auditing your IT assets by hand, you probably know that a manual
approach to IT inventory management is neither desirable nor scalable. Not only
are you wasting your valuable time, but the data is often out of date as soon as
you’ve captured it. And let’s face it, if you don’t have current information
detailing your IT assets, how can you proactively manage and configure them to
align to your corporate standards and policies?
IT deployments are complicated these days, regardless of the scale or size of the
organization. With virtual and mobile technologies prevalent in nearly all IT
shops, managing the constant change is challenging. Automating the inventory
management across your hybrid environment can quickly ease a long-standing
burden for most IT organizations. But it goes beyond knowing what you have and
how it’s configured, to having a detailed software inventory for each device and knowing what each is worth at any point in time.
BMC FootPrints Asset Core home page delivers one-click access to your asset
management including devices, deployment status, patch management and security
vulnerabilities. Instant eXpert walks you through step-by-step instructions for
optimizing Asset Core configurations and troubleshooting tips.
BMC Software FootPrints® Inventory Manager delivers:
- Hardware inventory
- Software License Management
- Financial Asset Management
- Device topology maps displaying asset dependencies
- Software compliance and usage metrics
- Security settings inventory
- Historical change management for managed assets
- User-focused approach to software and policy management
- Centralized credentials
- Industry standard, scalable, documented and secure API supporting the integration of Asset Core supporting add-on technologies such as barcode scanning and data import
- Out-of-the-box integration with BMC Atrium CMDB
Calculate Your ROI: By utilizing the Software License Management Calculator we can determine the savings and ROI of under and over utilization of software in your environment.
With the introduction of MyApps, BMC FootPrints Asset Core breaks new ground in client management. In two clicks MyApps puts common software and access requests in the hands of the end user without going to any websites and without submitting any forms. It’s the app store for the desktop – IT can advertise available software applications, advanced actions and quick links for the end-users to access on their schedule, not IT’s.
Why MyApps just works for the end user:
- End users can quickly install pre-approved software on demand – no more helpdesk tickets and remote sessions interrupting user productivity
- Easily execute common IT tasks such as cleaning up temporary folders, or defragging a hard disk drive to improve system performance – no more clicking through multiple menus, option tabs and control panel settings
- Easily search what’s available with filters and tooltips – with the app store look and feel it’s easy for anyone to use!
Why MyApps just works for IT:
- Quickly and easily delegate optional software availability based on a user’s role or device type – provide users what they need beyond the standard image to be productive while accurately managing software licenses
- Leverage tooltips, content descriptions and customizable icons for an intuitive user experience – leveraging the quick form in a few clicks you can identify, assign, describe and publish to MyApps
- Reduce the impact to the helpdesk for common questions and software requests while driving an increased end-user experience with IT – it’s the ultimate self-service option!
Asset Management for the end user, not just the Admin
The information maintained in the inventory manager database supports additional
asset management activities including remotely managing devices, leveraging
intelligent software management and deploying patches and updates for both
operating systems and applications.
Dynamically view asset dependencies and relationships in drill-down topology maps.
Automating inventory management
FootPrints Inventory Manager automates the entire data-gathering
process for your fixed and mobile IT assets whether they’re Windows®, MacOS®,
Linux®, or VMware® Workstations, servers (physical or virtual), laptops or
mobile/peripheral devices. After the initial audit you will have a complete view
of your IT assets, including their current hardware and software configurations.
From the FootPrints Inventory Manager console, easily manage configuration
changes or enforce change-control policies across your network as well as access
detailed historical data and real time inventory updates. FootPrints Inventory
Manager does all of this online or offline (without the need for a VPN) and
supports both agent and agentless modes of asset discovery.
The risks that unlicensed or unauthorized software found on your users’
machines pose for your organization have never been greater. According to IDC,
27% of corporate software may be unlicensed and therefore
illegal, while 25% of downloads may contain malicious code or spyware.
Unfortunately, ignorance is no defense.
FootPrints Inventory Manager tracks and reports on all software on all devices
accessing your network, whether they are authorized or unauthorized. Leveraging
simple operational rules, you can easily ensure that only approved and licensed
software is running on your users’ machines. But it’s not only the unauthorized
software that you need to have your eye on. Authorized software should be
tracked both for usage trends and financial impacts. It is common to have both
over-deployed and under-utilized software licenses, both issues that costs
Track financial data from purchase to retirement including valuation,
warranty, maintenance and depreciation. Identify parent and child relationships
for asset dependencies.
The BMC FootPrints family of solutions
FootPrints Inventory Manager is part of the FootPrints family of products and
solutions for IT Lifecycle and IT Service Management. Built from the ground up
as a modular yet integrated system, FootPrints products can be purchased
separately or as a part of our broader FootPrints solutions including: Service Management, Service Desk, Lifecycle Management, Desktop Management and Security & Compliance Management.
Try FootPrints Inventory Manager
Experience FootPrints Inventory Manager first-hand and see how it will meet your specific needs. Request your 30-day fully functional evaluation today.